Thank you to the conference supporters such as those listed below and others represented by the crew (Open University, University of Salford, Jisc TechDis, Higher Education Academy, Jorum, Jisc, Goldsmiths, University of London, University of Huddersfield, Sero Consulting Ltd, Jisc RSC Scotland, Jisc RSC West Midlands, University of Leicester). We are actively seeking supporters for OER14, please see the notes below and let us know if you want to take us up on any of these, or if we missed another form of support you could give the conference.
Thanks to the reviewers please sign up, if you are able to review up to ten abstracts between 28 November – 10 December 2013.
Several levels of support are available:
- Associate: logo included as a supporter on the website, prominent places during the conference (except the dinner/reception) and in the abstract programme (£100 inclusive of VAT)
- Company/organisation brochure/flyers: 1 above plus organisation brochure/flyers placed in delegate pack (£200 inclusive)
- Sponsor a student: 1&2 above plus 1 student registration, travel and accommodation (£500 inclusive)
- Sponsoring prizes, coffee breaks, poster session includes 1&2 above (between £350-£1,000 inclusive)
- Meeting room* (1 day): 1&2 above plus a meeting room for up to 1 day (~£1,500 inclusive of VAT and includes registration for one delegate)
- Exhibition stand (2 days): 1&2 above plus space for small exhibition stand in the meal/coffee area of the venue (£1,500 inclusive of VAT and includes registration for one delegate)
- Sponsorship of conference dinner/reception (no speeches): 1&2 above plus and advertising during the conference dinner/reception (£1,500 inclusive of VAT and includes registration for one delegate)
- Other: please suggest
*note that external meeting rooms may be in one of the nearby hotels and final price will depend on size required and duration of booking.
Terms and conditions
There is a small exhibitor area. Supporter requests will be considered on a first-come, first served basis. We should receive any completed application requests by 31 December 2013. Payment of fees should be made as per payment terms stipulated on individual invoice. On receipt of your application you will be issued with a confirmation of space.
Cancellations: All cancellations (after December 2013) must be made in writing no later than 31 March 2014 and are subject to a £100 Administration Fee. After 31 March 2014 no refunds can be given.
Shipping details for exhibition equipment: Labels should be clearly marked with the name of the conference, your name and supporter number and please include somewhere a full list of your exhibition equipment so that any missing items can be identified. Equipment arriving fully labelled and with a supporter number will be accepted by the venue.
Flyers for insertion into conference bags should be clearly marked with the name of the conference and your name and supporter number.
For any additional information on shipping instructions please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or +44 191 2225888.
Collaboration with OCWC Annual Conference
We are collaborating with the OCWC Global Conference 2014, 23-25 April 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia. (See also their flyer). For those interested in attending both conferences it is possible to fly from Ljubljana to London, Stansted, from where you can fly (from London Gatwick or London Heathrow) or take the train (via London Kings Cross) to Newcastle upon Tyne. EasyJet is a budget airline and flights are available (at the time of writing) for about £150 return to Ljubljana. The train departs at least once an hour and takes between 2.45 and 3.30 hours depending on the number of planned stops. Booking in advance is essential for the cheapest fares. See Venue, hotels & travel for more information.